For the last card project, I had some kind of weird gluing accident. The glue made the paper translucent and blotchy where it dried. Then I tried to correct it with some distressing, but it made a total mess of the pattern.
Waste not want not – I used this botched card front as the base for today’s card for the Shabby Tea Room challenge using polka dots and buttons. The inspiration photo had an adorable button tree, but I wasn’t feeling that ambitious, so I did button mistletoe instead.
I cut the circle with a rotary circle tool, but it made me want to get nested circle dies, it was kind of fiddly.
Ingredients: My Minds Eye Lost & Found Christmas paper, David Tutera A7 glitter card, Sizzix sizzles mistletoe die, red button from stash, Distress inks, glitter glue
Learning: This project went pretty well. The main issues I had were that the rotary cutter pin would widen the hole in the paper causing slippage. Next time I will tape my paper down and that should prevent the need to trim afterwards.
Loving: I love that I rescued a failed project. I also think the button is pretty cute for mistletoe!