The challenge du jour was Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge blog: “Got Ink?”. Although the challenge didn’t require inking on fabric, the inspiration tutorial demonstrated the technique, and I was excited to try it.
In fact, prior to my recent dive into scrapbooking and card making, the only rubber stamp project that I’ve attempted as an adult was to try to stamp leaf shapes onto fabric for a custom shower curtain that I wanted to try. I suspect the project failed due to selecting the wrong ink. In the days before Pinterest, if a project went poorly, there wasn’t much recourse for me, and my budget was too small to afford a lot of trial and error.
The tutorial for this week suggested Archival ink for stamping on the fabric, and that worked splendidly. I used a bit of ColorBox for the background. The Distress inks I had were too dark for my purpose on the fabric, although I did use them on the paper.
Ingredients: unbleached muslin, My Mind’s Eye Lost and Found Christmas paper, stamp from Inkadinkado, twine and rhinestone from Recollections, Ranger Archival ink, ColorBox ink, Distress ink